PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 90 Years of the RAF - BBC2
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2008, 01:06
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
mustpost:
Oh I got the point all right
You may well say that (and so do I), but others it seems would beg to differ, suggesting that it was indeed about the RAF, just not the bit that they are interested in! This was classic "Hampstead Thinker" stuff people, brought to you by the pudding basin haircut/ open toe sandled brigade. I have an awful feeling that we may have to brace ourselves for even more of this Goebel-esque theatre of truth. A retrospective on Cannon Collins, an appreciation of Sir Stafford Cripps? Plenty of room there to shoehorn in yet more "thoughts" on the Bombing Campaign. The programme thoughtfully reminded us that there is no National Memorial to the 55,573 brave young (so young) men of Bomber Command who gave their lives in that long bloody fight for Victory. It did not mention that there is now an active campaign to at last correct that national disgrace. Could it be that is what motivated this production? We shall know soon enough I fear. At least the Old Lags (so old now) that survived are excused the obligation to fund this trash. My real contempt though is for the RAF higher command that went along with this. No interest in defending the honour and traditions of a proud service, refusing to reinstate the reputations of two junior officers improperly scapegoated by their seniors, they shouldn't be in charge of a whelk stall let alone the Royal Air Force.
Thank you for putting it into a service perspective
It's a civilian perspective now, mustpost, like you. Those with service perspectives would not wish to post such incendiary stuff. I'm sad that I feel compelled to.