PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 90 Years of the RAF - BBC2
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2008, 00:27
NutLoose

Received 2,952 Likes on 1,259 Posts
What a weak and shallow Production, It focused on a minority in the RAF and badly at that..

No disrespect intended, BUT why do these programmes seem to rotate around people who's only claim to fame seems to be they got shot down?

There is so much more to the RAF than a bunch of fighter pilots berating their own prowess like a bunch of prepubescent schoolboys with an urge to rub themselves up against something.... fine they do a job and a good one at that, but the RAF is more than that and always has been, they would be lost without the engineering, logistical, admin and catering divisions etc, these are the backbone of the RAF that work 24 hours a day 360 days of the year to enable the "few" to do what they do.... additionally there are more dangerous flying jobs in the RAF such as the support Helicopter fleet, (my hat's off to you guys) and these never got a look in, neither really did the likes of the Transport guys..such a lost opportunity to show the RAF at it's finest and severely stretched.....

I suppose that is one reason I have been watching the Combat Chef series is it doesn't allude itself to this myopic view of the Army that this programme presented of the RAF........

90 years crammed into nearly 90 minutes was never going to be a success, but this never even came close to it..........