PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 90 Years of the RAF - BBC2
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2008, 21:54
Fg Off Max Stout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that this was supposed to be about the 'RAF at 90' the scope seemed rather narrow and failed to mentioned some of the most important aspects of the RAF. The first 70 minutes of 90 were devoted to the first 27 years of the RAF, juxtaposed with some current fast jet skygods. About 15 minutes were devoted to cold war fast jet skygods and about 5 minutes to Gulf War 2 fast jet skygods.

Not a whisper of the SH force who have, after all, been doing most of the shooting (and getting shot at) for the last 10 years, not a mention of Black Buck, not even a mention of Aden, Suez, Malaya, The Stan etc etc.

This program should probably have been called 'FJ heroes and their predecessors at 90'. I should have gone to the mess and got smashed instead.

And a quick edit before I'm misunderstood, this is not a dig at the FJ force but with many mates on the SH force earning DFCs like they're going out of fashion, I thought it might warrant at least a single mention in a program claiming to present the history of 90 years of the RAF.