PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2008, 15:57
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said previously, I'd love to highlight some of the things I know about but I can't, in fairness to the people who told me. But it is true that that expenses are handled very badly and it's clear (when you see how some of the money is actually being spent) that some people are taking ridiculous amounts of money out of the project, considering that it is supposed to be a charity. There are other factors too - the hangar fees are another matter which, when explained fully, shows that an awful lot of money could have been saved in that respect, had the people running the project not been so unprofessional. Doubtless it will all come out in the proverbial wash one day but I've certainly been appaled by the way that things have been handled. But one has to work on the basis that they did at least get the aircraft into the air despite everything. The frustrating aspect is that you can't help thinking that other people might have been able to do it rather sooner and more cheaply, had they not been more concerned with their own personal interests.

I doubt if anything will change but who knows. I hope very much that the aircraft flies again next year but I'm convinced that unless there's either a miracle or a drastic change in the way that TVOC operates, it's going to be a short-lived affair which ultimately results in nothing more than another permanently-grounded Vulcan rusting away on a cold airfield. After so much time and so much money, I think that would be not only sad, but a complete disgrace.