PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2008, 12:22
andrewmcharlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If if helps, I would refer the honourable gentlemen to the remarks I made some time ago.

I spoke with Dr Bob some 8 months or so ago having collated a number of comments from similiarly minded individuals who all sought then what we seek now; financial transparency and clarity.

The response I received explained a sound legal reason for not disclosing it , at that time. Having come from a legal background it was clear that the advice they had received at that time was sound and the reasons justified.

That said, I cannot imagine that there is an ongoing reason why accounts should not be fully made up and publicised, annual returns completed and submitted and even beyond the statutory obligations that a formal business plan and fundraising plan be disclosed in the interests of doing the best for the project, whatever that might be.

The continually poor PR is going to bite them on the arse soon because they surely will get to say, "That was the last flight of the Vulcan". Sooner rather than later I suspect.

The project has had some seriously committed supporters for a long time but as said in one of the recent posts, people cannot afford to keep digging deep without some assurances. A disclosed plan and all statutory declarations and obligations fulfilled would surely be the starting point, anything less just continues the fire fighting fund raising efforts.

It's hard to see how all this will happen with the current incumbents running the entire show. There seems to be a disconnect between the information / attitude shown to non-club members or "insiders" to the general public, and there should be no difference.

Things MUST change if they are to succeed,

Vive la revolution !