PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Willy ATCO's get 4 weeks holiday, meanwhile CAGRO At Newcastle saves the day!
Old 12th Dec 2008, 09:00
Gundog01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goodkopp

Dick

Believe it or not RAAF ATC is stretched to the absolute max. 130 or 150 Pers dosent matter it is not enough to provide all the services at joint user airfields plus all Mil controlled airfields. GND and ACD combined all over the place. People maxing out crew duty day after day. These people need there time off just like every perosn has earn't their Xmas break. But i'm sure they appreciate your thanks on behalf of peple travelling on jetstar/virgin who really dont know or care about how they get where they are going as long as they aren't late.

Standard OPS (correct me if i'm wrong) is for Wily to revert to CTAF(R) when RAAF ATC close each day. It seems to me that you are getting more than has been otherwise available during standdown periods.

Dick i will begin with the following caveat. I am sure you have worked hard in the past to build your vast electronics and consumers goods empire (and thank Jack from your townsvile Store for his exceptional customer service) but perhaps you need to take the position of someone who isn't self funded and is working each day for a living trying to get by. 48 weeks per year. Not flying family and friends and grand kids along the coast for a joy ride. Some one working for half what they could get in Civvie street. And think about how you would feek about getting called back from your Xmas leave to appease objections of a minority.

Curious isn't it that no-one from J* of Virgin have objected to the safety implications. And surely they have the greatest amount to loose in the event of an incident..... reputation, compensation, government and regulator srcutiny????

10 standard drinks consumed

The military will be there during the busy Christmas period and that's what we wanted."
Just found this gem od Dick flyer website. How things change from your usual posts about bagging military ATC. Just goes to show you dont know what you want but as long as it agitats the status qou.