PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Five Deaths Demand Justice Petition
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2008, 07:07
grizzled

Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Moderator Please!

The post by “sya” (probationary ppruner) should have been removed immediately after it was posted. First, it has no relation to the thread. Second, it is exactly the type of post that pprune’s stated philosophy says is unacceptable. Third, it’s a nasty, even vicious, post – with no facts in support. Last, if pprune’s stated rules and aims are more than just words, this is exactly the type of post that must be removed, and the “poster” should be banned. If “first posts” such as this are permitted it tells everyone that anonymous cowards are encouraged on the site.

Lastly, the person who is the subject of the disgusting post is deceased. Moderator(s), for God’s sake do your job.

On the subject of the thread, I have never met dhc2widow, nor do I believe I met her late husband, though I may well have, as I spent a lot of time as a pax on floatplanes in that part of the world. I now live in a different part of the world but aviation safety is still my profession – as it has been for 30 years.

Since the accident which took her husband's life, this woman has educated herself about accident investigation in Canada and elsewhere, and she has campaigned responsibly and objectively for changes that would make the process more thorough and more appropriate, and therefore enhance aviation safety. With all she has been through – including some classic examples of bureaucratic obfuscation – she deserves kudos for her perseverance and professionalism. Thanks to her efforts to insist a proper investigation and a coroner's inquest be conducted, other people in the future will benefit. Her determination to seek the truth is admirable.

Grizz

Last edited by grizzled; 12th Dec 2008 at 12:47.