PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2008, 23:07
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another good item by Channel 4 news, and my thanks to the team.

Mr Hutton, you stated "We have published everything in relation to this inquiry."
Oh, really??
I have quite a list of documents still to be supplied. I take it they will be arriving through my door in the next few days then?

"There is no legal grounding in which I can overturn this finding. I'm not in a position to do that."
Not strictly accurate. BoIs are governed by rules made by the Secretary of State for Defence in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by section 135 of the Air Force Act. Have another look at your rules Mr Hutton. There are rules which allow for the reconvening of a Board of Inquiry, should new, or further evidence become available. Plus the fact, your position allows you to make the rules.

"I'm just a poor politician" does not absolve you from your responsibility to uphold the rules and ensure that justice is done. It is clear that there are areas of doubt and clear gaps in the available evidence. Therefore, the burden of proof of absolutely no doubt whatsoever is not achieved.

The Campaign submission to the MoD should be available in the next day or so. Please keep an eye out on the Campaign website.

My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook

Last edited by Brian Dixon; 11th Dec 2008 at 23:21.