PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Israeli Air Force practices for Iranian strike
Old 11th Dec 2008, 21:07
CirrusF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really?

I've not seen anything where Britain/France/US/Russia have obligated themselves to nuking them that nuke Israel.

Did I miss the memo?

You are far more certain of the actions of those countries than I am.

If you were Israeli, would you be willing to bet your life on it?

After all, Hitler said he'd stop with Austria, er, Czechoslovakia, er, Poland...

By the way, I don't believe Israel has nuclear pretensions.
Blimey. You really do live in blissful ignorance over in the USA don't you?
Israel and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Given that Israel has nuclear weapons, and most probably (even by US admission) a chemical and biological capability, wouldn't you be a bit worried if you and your family lived in a nearby country. Especially has Israel has repeatedly used pre-emptive strikes to "defend" itself?

Israel is far from being a stable democracy. It does not even score particularly highly on the Economist's index of "democracy" - being classified as a "flawed democracy" http://www.economist.com/media/pdf/D...ex_2007_v3.pdf
And scoring well below all other nuclear armed countries (and formerly nuclear armed countries such as RSA that have been persuaded to give up their WMD pretensions). There is little doubt that much of Israel's domstic appartheid policies are driven by a need to maintain jewish demographic supremacy over the arab vote in order to maintain their "democratic" status on the world stage - eg construction of the wall through along demographic demarcation lines.