PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dare I ask?
Thread: Dare I ask?
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2008, 20:43
Coffin Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlingsbyT67M

Bealzebub's advice is spot on, why do you feel the need to be tetchy about it? He said nothing out of turn.
You say you are at your wits end, just exactly how long have you been sending out CVs? Two months? Six months? A year? Or two?

The bearer or bad news would say that if you are low houred and fresh out of school then it's button down the hatches time to expect a long hard road to that first job.
The problem with so many unemployed pilots being out there is that every dick and their dog wants jobs, so the likes of instructing, banner towing, parachute dropping is that there is always likely to be someone with more experience than you gunning for these positions. That's a sad fact of life.
I have some good friends who came out of training in the middle of boom time and they haven't even had an interview let alone a sniff of a job.

The FIR is a great addition to your license, it is during this course that you realise how little you know about flying. It is worthwhile to do, there are still a few jobs out there but for how long? Personally I think it's going to get alot worse before it gets better, what we're seeing now is just the beginning.

CC