PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ravenair
Thread: Ravenair
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2008, 16:51
octavian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JD02FLY:

With your user name I'm surprised you didn't think of JD Aviation as suggested by mr z. Both the PA28R-201T and PA34-200T are excellent aeroplanes with new engines and first rate avionics fit and, unlike adverse-bumps', this Seneca will climb on one.

If you are going down the commercial route it is not a bad idea to go somewhere which has significant amounts of commercial traffic so that you get used to mixing it with the big stuff that you want to fly, and become accustomed to the idea of getting in and out with time constraints, vortex issues, Standard Instrument Departures and, yes, holding. In the latter stages of the IR you will be using SIDs, and occasionally STARs on IFR plans so there will be minimal delays outbound/inbound anyway. EGCC has excellent ATC and they are well used to fitting JDA's flights in with the commercial traffic.

JD's pricing method is based on 10 minutes before airborne to 5 minutes after landing so you don't get penalised for departure delays. If you are VFR inbound, which isn't usually a problem anyway, again delays are minimised by an agreed procedure for EGCC based aircraft using the departure runway (when in dual runway operations).

I'm doing CPL and IR there at the moment on a part time basis. I presume that I can receive PM's so feel free to get in touch if you want more info.