PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Increased flying in EU for US pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2008, 16:40
5XSoup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPruNe is mainly a European pilots web site. That's why I'm visiting. There are more posts from the UK and Germany and West Samoa than on other sites. Whilst AirlinePilotForum is mainly a US based site. Although all are welcome to exchange ideas. I welcome everybodies comments. But like being in somebody elses house. One should show the utmost of respect especially when in others back yard.

This is why I find Brown Tail Whales comments inflamitory at best. It does nothing to harbor International good will. But simply says were gunning for your jobs.

I would suspect that Brown Tail Whale is a very senior pilot on the 747 Classic in Louisville. Maybe the majority of his career is over, and it's been a good, no great ride. I certainly feel that we got the last good job in the industry. But for me too, one day it'll all be over.

Wether or not UPS takes over the routes from Star Air, and MNG, and Blue Cargo or that new one Solinair remains to be seen. It's not in my hands and really won't affect me, like I doubt it'll affect Brown Tail Whale one iota either.

I have no interest in flying a Boeing 767 from Louisville to Philadelphia to Stanstead to Cologne to Madrid, to Cologne to Malmo, to Helsinki, to Malmo, to Cologne, to Barcelona, to Valencia, to Barcelona, to Cologne for a weekend layover, to Dubai, to Bombay, to Dubai, to Cologne, to Newark, to Louisville. I very much doubt anybody with high seniority would either. When we can sit in Louisville.

I've got absolutly nothing against any subcontractor personally. I enjoy talking to pilots from varied backgrounds. We are all just trying to stay employed during these very dificult times. It's not the pilots who make business decissions. It's companies and governments. Remember the U.S Air Force pilot who got in serious trouble for saying that he had a lot more in common with a North Vietnamese Mig-21 pilot, that his own government. That's the way I feel. I have more in common with pilots from other nations than I have towards my government or employer or fellow citizens. Although my allegance has to go to my own seniority list first.

Last edited by 5XSoup; 11th Dec 2008 at 17:08.