PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dhe - Hit Back Here!
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2002, 08:59
Tigger_Too

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I have to say that I was very impressed with my vast DHE experience (1 x takeover, 1 x handover!). Minor problems with the house were sorted out very quickly; regular contact from the local rep to keep us informed and check things were OK. And it was in Bucks!

Handover was the best. Early agreement that the entire house needed a paint job and new carpets. Pre March-Out (sorry, handover) inspection resulted in instruction (in writing) to clean only the cooker. Even told - "don't worry about the limescale, we will look after that".

However, I suspect the incomomg tenant may have a different story. I visited the house a couple of weeks after handover to pick up something I had left behind. Lo and behold the painters were hard at work. Wait a minute! One chap and one chappess, each with a paintbrush, and no white van? Apparently the incoming tenants were told that if they wanted a quarter inside 4 months they could have this one if they painted it themselves.

I assume they got some money, but did the carpets get changed, and did all the other cleaning jobs get done??

I bet they think I'm a mate of Chinook!