PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case
Old 10th Dec 2008, 13:57
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Dont know if this is relevant but at the end of September 1999 flying back on Caledonian Air (later became Air 2000/1st choice) from Austria....weather is crap to say the least and heavy turbulence. Wasn't pleasant and had me gripping the seat. Lo and behold, two women in their 40s bitching and moaning at the lovely stewardess about they were vegetarians and where the vegetarian meals were as there was a mix up on special requirements on the flight. So as there werent any all hell broke loose

The ladies and one of their husbands also joined in..wasnt abusive but it was bad enough...raised voices and we're bumbling along or rocking around. We were probably 20 mins to landing and being bounced around in the air and I was thinking "cant they shut up let the crew get on with what they doing as we are almost home and bigger enough worries with turbulence".

I felt sorry for the girl who was getting grief and then the usual hand outs of complaints form. Anyway before we landed and as the turbulence subsided. I went to the toilets, saw the same girl, and smiled at her reassuringly to say she was great and fab. At the end of the flight as per always I say thanks to the crew on the way out.