PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2008, 13:55
Luke Darkstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!

So, the route structure is certainly quite limited by the time. You only have domestic flights to Hanoi and Danang, then there are flights to Incheon, Osaka and Fukuoka. Maybe some special destinations. But most of the time we expat pilots will fly domestic, more rarely international than the local pilots. This is due to the payscale of the local pilots: Locals get some more per diems on international flights (so I was told and I can understand). So it is understood that they are preferred flying to these destinations.

Nevertheless: In March/April there will be two more aircraft (as they say) and further two more in October. They wish to get rid of the very old A333. So maybe by the end of next year there will be 6 A332 - or maybe still 7 aircraft with the additional A333.
Then the route structure might be extended by Australia, Taiwan and even Russia. Yet it is still rumours, so we will see, it is still a bit time to go until then.

And about the rostering ladies: Up to now I think they are very communicative, they fulfilled quite some of my requests and so I am willing to cope with their changes on short notice - no problem. No point to complain.