PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welshpool visiting??
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2002, 22:29
Daifly

Angry

StampeWelshpool is still well and truly open - a fantastic place for a trip into Wales!

Awyrennwr "Forced" - I think that's a little unfair. I wish all these Welshpool "experts" would read the judgement of the Court of Appeal before using terms like that. It would be most apparent that Pool should have gone a long time ago. If I owned an airfield and the person who was running it didn't have any right to be doing so I think I'd go to court too....

This is not the end of the airport by any stretch of the imagination and the move should be treated as a positive one for GA in the UK.

As well as providing a bit of a navigational test to find - probably not in these days of GPS though, there's a lot to see and do in the area. As well as gently rolling hills (under both downwinds!) there's the local Powis Castle, home of Clive of India - and a place favoured by the Prince of Wales. There's the Steam Train to Llanfair (somewhere to take the kids!) and the canal for a nice ride in a boat. See, planes, trains and boats and most importantly, it's in Wales! Where else could compare...!?!