PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2008, 21:19
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookingnorth, your comments regarding my supposed ignorance could equally be directed at yourself. You seem to think that the officially-stated activities and salaries/expenses refect the reality of the situation. Naturally I'm unable and unwilling to name any names but I know from direct contact with people who have been closely involved with the project, that ridiculous amounts of money have been wasted during the progress of the project - and much of it has gone to people who were supposedly striving to get the aircraft into the air.

Suffice to say that you can choose to believe what you like. My comments are based on what I know, and what I think should happen, if any of the TVOC people really do have the interests of the aircraft at heart.

For your information, I've never even tried to jump on their proverbial bandwagon. In actual fact I've tried (as did one of the companies I work for) to help then but like many other people, our efforts were largely ignored. I've had a significant amount of my photographic collection borrowed and published and sold by one member of the team, without so much as a thank-you, for example. So I'd be grateful if you'd keep your sarcasm to yourself thanks.

As the post from Pleming shows, the situation is just as muddled and hopeless as it has been for a long time. It's amazing that he can issue a message to everyone that is so long and yet says so little. On the basis of what he says, it seems clear that the aircraft will be grounded if money doesn't miraculously appear over the next three weeks. But of course the situation will doubtless change again when Pleming subsequently announces that the aircraft is not grounded but is now preparing to fly again - if only they could get a few more donations. It's just an endless saga that makes no sense to anybody and simply serves to deter anyone from offering even so much as a fiver.

Surely, either the project is viable or it isn't. They know how much money they have and they know pretty clearly (based on the last year) how much they're likely to get. So why do the endless "it's over unless" announcements continue? Frankly, based on the activities of the past couple of years, one gets the impression that TVOC comprises of some dedicated individuals who provide valued engineering and technical expertise, and various other people who do nothing that a monkey couldn't do better - and more cheaply.

Last edited by Tim McLelland; 9th Dec 2008 at 21:35.