PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2008, 19:07
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everybody,
firstly, may I thank you all for your messages of support. I've been through a number of emotions over the last 24 hours or so, but I won't bore you with them here. What I can say at the moment is that we are examining the reply from the MoD and will reply formally in due course. I am, however, amazed that they have returned to the long discredited excuse of no new evidence. Is that the best they can do? Shame on them.

Mr Purdey, until we are in a position to make our reply, I don't think it appropriate to make public our submission, so please bear with me a short while longer. I promise that as soon as I can, I will publish the document.

Walter, the spreadsheet, as described to me by the MoD was to "Catalogue documents on the subject". As I was denied access to this document, I don't actually know what documents are on it. However, it appears to have been clarified by Atlantic Cowboy. No intention for it to be a red herring.

Talking of red herrings, please allow me to remind you of answers to questions I asked on your behalf, back in 2005:

Q: Has SSR code 7760 ever been used by an aircraft in other flights to indicate that the aircraft was engaged in the testing/evaluation of ground transponders/navigation aids, or personal locator systems?

A: SSR code 7760 has no meaning and, as far as my enquiries have been able to establish, there is no SSR code dedicated for use when testing such equipment.

Q: Was Chinook HC2 ZD576 tasked with evaluating the performance of a new/temporary navigation aid located on the Mull or a personal locator system in this flight?

A: No. The purpose of the flight was the transit of passengers from Aldergrove to Inverness.

Q: If Chinook HC2 ZD576 was tasked with evaluating a new/temporary navigation aid or personal locator system on that flight, who originated the request, organised the test and supplied the on board equipment?

A: The flight was not tasked for this purpose.

I hope that helps.

There will be a formal response from the Campaign in the near future. Again, I thank you all for your support and ask for your patience whilst we prepare a reply.

My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook