PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 9th Dec 2008, 18:58
Nightfire

Hi all
just another quick question. I saw the closing date for applications B777 are 31/12. I have 2000 hrs on 73NG and about 2200 total. Would it be a waste of time to send off the application untill I have the 2500 hrs total?
Yes, unfortunately. Applicants with less than 2500 hours are not shortlisted, and they make no exceptions, not even small ones.

However, if you are currently flying somewhere else, and you know for sure that you will fly the missing 300 hours within this winter season, then I suggest you submit your application anyway.

You won't make 31-12 anyway, far too late for that. And there will be no more screenings until well into the next year. With so (relatively) few hours as you have, you will be asked to bring all your logbooks, and show the records of all the flying you've done. Before joining, you will also have to bring a letter of release from your old company.
Make sure your logbook has no mistakes, that it is signed and stamped, because the authorities will check it before issuing you a licence.

Mister Geezer: No problem submitting two applications, but no advantage for you either. They are all being processed by the same person. If you get an invitation, the company will tell you which fleet you are coming on in case you're qualified for two different ones.

Last edited by Nightfire; 9th Dec 2008 at 19:18.