PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2008, 16:10
LookingNorth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was lovely to see the old girl this year. But I doubt we'll see her next year, and the display is so tame she's a shadow of her former self anyway (maybe the new pilots will be better if they get the chance?). I was very disappointed to see TVOC failed to come through on their promises of a supporters day, and failed to put the supporters names (mine among them) on the bomb bay doors - something we paid for several years ago. Some guff about needing vinyl that could stay on at 500 knots was the excuse I got when I asked why. Funny, black gaffer tape did the job 20 years ago and I didn't see many "500 knot open door" passes this year. None actually!

Tim McLelland's comments re CAA show just how much of a yawning chasm his ignorance is on their involvement and support of the project; a chasm that includes his knowledge of TVOC staff salaries. They've publicised their outgoings and a bit of simple maths with those bearing in mind the 20 or so people they employ clearly show nobody's making a mint out of being employed by TVOC. Jealousy is a very British disease so I guess they must have told Tim to shove off when he wanted to hop on the bandwagon?