PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2008, 12:22
windneckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi whitelighter,

Yep, I have seen the topic of guessing answers if you run out of time coming up here a couple of times. I am going to give you my two cents through the stupidest example ever:

Imagine you are in front of your radar screen controlling some 30 aircrafts (just about). Suddenly, 5 more aircrafts pop up on the screen but you have no time to listen to what they have to say nor look at their levels/headings. You then decide to give them random FLs and headings hoping they will not crash into each other nor into the other aircrafts.

Even if you succeed and nobody notices anything.... to the point that you get the "ATCO of the month" award... I do not think it is good going for an ATCO.

But then again, this is just my opinion, probably some people here will disagree. I cannot help think that it sounds a bit like desperate measures... we all know there is no need to answer all the questions to pass. Even if there are no negative points... they can analyse the results in all sorts of ways (number of errors, location of the errors, ... they obviously want to get a good idea of every candidate's "modus operandi").

Good luck!