PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTASLINK - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2008, 06:35
orange70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Career Progression

Yes, pushback747 can totally sympathise with you on that one. Ive been flying for 7and a half years now for EAA, and should be up for progression next, if it ever happens. However I have been doing a bit of research, (something I have never done in the past), I have found out through a reliable source that progression HAS been frozen temporarily until the powers at be have sorted out the new entity for short hall, which is due to commence in March.

So it looks like we will be progressing into short hall or Long hall on the new entity (QCCA) I believe thats what their plans are. So your pay and privilages at Eastern may not seem all that bad after all. All for the sake of Flying on a Jet.

Unfortunately, thats the way it looks like it will be. gone are the days of good pay, bids, longer stopovers, seniority. It will be a thing of the past, Sorry to sound so pesemistic, but the current climate is dictating this change of era.

I know!!!! It sucks and I do hope i am wrong!!! But at least we will still have our jobs and be able to work in the industry that we all love, or love to hate.