PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women Aviators in Africa welcomes you to first introductory dinner in NBO
Old 9th Dec 2008, 06:34
nashipai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you

Hello Gambia-track!
It is so great to hear from people like you who support such organisations. It gives me so much more motivation to work harder and give my whole. As an African I know too well the challenges women go through. The potiential many women have but are not given the chance to express themselves or pursue what they dream of. Sometimes I wonder if the people who block their paths are just afraid of these women's capabilities. I always ask myself whether they understand the pain the women go through, having a dream, a goal but cannot achieve it due to your gender. How would they be if the thing that gives them meaning to living is taken away from them?? Then again, sometimes we probably need to experience something to really understand its impact. Excuse me, I got carried away again....
I am hoping to make a great difference to as many people as I can as long as I live. I shall certainly contact the lady. I hope that she still has the same contacts.
So you are in Gambia? I was in Gambia last year working as a volunteer for a month. It was a great experience and I really liked the country- though I felt it was abit too slow for me. The saying 'No hurry in Africa' is really put into use there. Or maybe Nairobi is just too fast, who knows.
I have my email above so please do contact me and we can discuss more about this. It'd be really nice to work with someone who shares the same beliefs.
Looking forward to hearing from you.