PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women Aviators in Africa welcomes you to first introductory dinner in NBO
Old 9th Dec 2008, 01:56
Gambia-track

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact Her

I really enjoy seeing the path that you are on. As an outsider, I visited West Africa over 5 years ago and have been back many times since then. One of my basic perceptions was that the future of Africa, is in the hands of the women. While the typical African male will cry foul or worse from this statement, I have seen too many women working in the fields, in the markets, by the roads, even in the clubs to support their families while the men cry and drink tea. Maybe I am not right in my basic perceptions, and certainly there are exceptions to the rules. I know some wonderful African men that are poised to explode on the scene with ideas and vigor, but the women keep working.

Please email [email protected] and ask to be connected to Maimuna Taal. Maimuna was the former Director of Civil Aviation for an African Country and was forced out of the position because she ruffled too many feathers. However she is one of the most gifted women that I know in the aviation industry with education spanning Africa, the U.K. and the U.S. I don't have Mainumas' current email address and I hope that she and Ladetria don't feel bad that I have directed you to them. I still have business to do in Africa and there is a certain protocal that must be followed or you simply are screwed.

I hope this helps and good luck with you program. There is a possibility that we can work together in the future to really bring something good to this endeavor.

Regards