PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freetime Airlines Durban, I had a dream once..
Old 8th Dec 2008, 19:58
skyloone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new is the clue...

I know I'm stating the obvious... but good cash position and finance options are the key. Now is the time to pick up unwanted a/c orders. New a/c are the only long term and sustainable way to go. Just take a look at the worlds leading LCC's. I gather Ryanair managed to even avoid ever paying for some of their early new birds. Were sold before payed for due to a rather clever deal or two. Maintenance becomes a non event and you can fly the birds like hell. Fuel bills are lower etc.. etc..

However.. LCC in SA need to make a radical change to the way they manage pax perceptions of what they are getting and what they are not getting. When last in SA was staggered not to have to pay check in fees and bag fees etc... And the free snacks and newspapers. Is this guy serious, these are very critical revenue streams. Contract out all none core activities, charge pax and penalise non contractual compliance by suppliers. Sounds harsh but hey... makes the figures work. There also appears to be no form of yield management booking systems. Is this correct. Paying via ATM's is it done and does it work. Who carries the Credit card & ATM charges? All small bits here and there, but add it up over a year.

Anyway... my two cents worth over. Now just looking forward to another trip down South next month.