PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2008, 18:22
barrett1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh

Is it 3months then? I thoguht 6.

I was at the melbourne one, rejected too :P

Tbh, the guy who lost his rag a page back and ranted about EK....don't judge him. He's hurting and just venting, don't attack the guy. The process at EK is harsh. You go there, sit through a couple of hours of crap and then get rejected.

Not knowing why is the hardest part. Leaves you with nothing to work on. Current cabin crew? Doesnt matter. Speak 6 languages? Doesn't matter. Nurse? Doesn't matter. Single and ready to go? Doesn't matter. Able to leave right now? Experienced traveller? Doesn't matter.

So what does? That first impression? ....ouch.

The list above with the doesn't matters is harsh, but i went down the pub with a bunch, none of us got the call and between us had the above. There was a nurse, there was ex and current cabin crew. One girl could speak 6 languages. None got the call.

So, don't be too harsh to the ranter, i know where he is comming from and with time he will have calmed down. Empathy folks. People take things differantly.

Tony.

(oh, the one girl who i know got the call, was showing up on the spur on the momment, she didn't have business attire on and has no real intention of taking on the job beyond the first year....Now thats funny)