PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A300 Flight simulation
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2001, 19:12
Jon Gulliver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Latest,
You have to understand that at the moment our industry is under an enormouse amount of pressure. The shambolic reporting that resulted from yesterdays tragedy, the rampant sensationalism, the blatant inaccuracies, I could go on but I won't. It would be great if the reports about our industry were accurate, generally speaking they are riddled with errors. It would be great if reporters waited for the accident reports before putting forward their reasons as to why crashes happen. I know you all have copy deadlines, your next promotion probably depends on how good the stories you uncover are-at least you have a job, many of our colleagues do not. The continuous stream of diatribe(I know pot calling kettle over) that perpetuates public uncertainty and stokes up the fear is doing nearly everybody no good at all, I say nearly everybody because there is one group it is helping....

This is not aimed at you personally, you have had the good grace to put your profile on the forum and I am sure your motives are good and honest. I am just trying to help you understand why there is so much mistrust of the press.