PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seat Legroom Help Please
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2008, 10:52
Mr C Hinecap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Legroom Help Please

I normally lurk elsewhere on PPRuNe but my exasperation leads me to bother you all here:

I'm tall - taller than the average bear - 6'7" or about 203cm. I'm not a wide load - just tall. I've travelled with a plethora of airlines over the last few years and, without fail, it has been left to the long-suffering and generally wonderful cabin crew to resolve my seating issue.
I don't fit in the standard pitch seats - 33" is just an insult to my thigh bones! My legs don't fit in the gap. Those on the other end of the phone at airlines try to placate me or tell me I need to pay massive sums extra to pay for an emergency exit seat - then book me an aisle seat (where I can stretch out?!?)

What do I need (doctors note, certificate, first born child) to get a seat with leg room? The sick and infirm and short people better off than me seem to be able to do it - but it isn't a 'like' with me - it really is a need. What does the airline industry recognise?

Please help this long-suffering, tall, grateful-for-cabin-crew-assistance every time pax.