PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the jobs gone?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2008, 04:40
bushy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you kidding??

Neville
Do you really think $50,000 is alot of money for flying an aeroplane in the outback? (I paid $70,000 over two years ago. Three of my ex pilots are now earning much more than that in GA and they want to stay in GA)
Do you really think it is a serious shortage of pilots if operators actually advertise job vacancies just like they do in all other jobs? i think it is normal business, and the way it should be.
I never sat down and sent out unsolicited resumes. People offered me jobs. I never worked free or cheap Sure it wasn't easy. What is?
Sure the bludging airlines recruited some of the pilots from GA instead of trainig their own and now, for a short time things are getting a bit more sensible. That is slowing down now. It may pick up again after a year or two.
There are very good safety (for GA) and IR reasons why airlines should train their own pilots, and the multi crew licence may help with this. GA needs a stable and well paid workforce to be safe and reliable. Under the present system that will never happen.