PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2008, 17:25
RoyHudd

I Have Control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remove the responsible MAN management! Here's why...

With the reduction in pax numbers, is it now time to reduce the staff numbers in the bloated "Security Army"? So many of these people clearly having nothing to do.

And how about a staff channel avoiding the ridiculous Duty-Free area in T1? Or does MAN not care about On-Time-Performance? Flights repeatedly depart late, causing knock-on delays. due to the hold-ups of crews trying to negotiate the thin and often-blocked passageways through Duty-Free. The slow passage of people is by design of course, as in all supermarkets, but stupidly the "designers" forgot about the staff who need to get to work on time. They cannot simply turn up for work earlier than scheduled..by law.

As for the long-winded ATIS, scope provided for further unnecessary delays to flights. Professional pilots do not need to be told to stop at Stop Bars. They know this. No other ATIS carries this warning. Or the rest...the worst ATIS in Western Europe for superfluous content. Time waste. And as for the delays and excess fuel burn due to the taxiway/apron work..I honestly despair. We sit there burning hundreds of gallons every week waiting our turn to taxi onto stand or to the active runway.

The mixed standard of ATC is worthy of mention too. Preventing a/c from crossing 23R when the next landing a/c is at 4 miles is downright negligent and unprofessional. This so often happens when the taxiways are empty on the other side and a/c are ready to go. Fuel/time wastage again. Vectoring onto final approach is hardly any better. Hot and high is too often the rule.

Personally, I will in part be delighted if MAN suffers grievious financial problems. I don't care for the "management". . Given the disastrous recent years of mismanagement and poor planning, the place deserves all it gets. Sadly not so the workers. Including myself. One of the poorest-run airports in Europe. As acknowledged by many of my colleagues from a range of MAN-based airlines. With much more experience than many posters on this site.

Last edited by RoyHudd; 8th Dec 2008 at 19:08.