PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pegasus Airlines
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2008, 17:23
chrislikesblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isnt it strange?All the Pegasus admirers seem to be people who are working for Pegasus!
But you are right,i might not be the expert about flight duty limitations in Pegasus and if they are being kept or not according to JAA standards.I just want to ask something that i am very curious to know regarding the calculation of duty time.This is not only relevant to Pegasus,its for my personal knowledge,anyone who works in other airlines is wellcome to comment on this.
A pilot that gets pick up by the company bus 2 (at the minimum) or 3 hours before the departure time and arrives home after the flight 2(at the minimum) or 3 hours after the blocks on arrival time how should his duty time be calculated?Shouldnt he add these extra 4 (at the minimum) or 6 hours to the total duty time?Duty time should start from the moment of pick up,isnt it?I remember some duty calculation tables of Pegasus had some different figures,like for example duty starts 1 or 1 h 30 min before flight and ends 1 hour after,how can this be justified?It seems to me that there are 2-3 hours of duty missing from this calculation or i could be wrong,i am not going to insist on this.