PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Mac users?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2008, 16:50
Phil77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started out with Mac's about 12 years ago - it was (and still is) THE platform for graphic design - then 2 years later we ventured into webdesign. That's when it became difficult: websites used to look extremely different on Mac than a PC - came a long way since; still some minor differences though (fonts for example) - and with the major population still using PC on the internet it was advisable to use a PC for the webdesign .

So I couldn't stand it anymore and became a pilot!
...and not enough money to buy a Mac ...but since this June I'm back!!! Proud owner of a MacBook Pro and couldn't be happier! Dual processor performance and a 3 hour battery life (actively working, not just sitting there!)... not to mention the 5 sec wakeup time from standby - just close the display, go on a flight, at the destination open it up and voila!

I run VMware fusion since most of my companies software is all PC (charter software, Exchange) - wouldn't and couldn't buy it all for Mac.
VMware is fast and stable, although I found that it doesn't like if I leave a VPN connection running - has trouble reopening it on wakeup (of the computer, not the VM).
Coolest thing is that you can save multiple states of virtual machines... I keep a basic backup mashine with all my software just installed and ready to go. After a couple of month when Windows XP loaded itself up and got really really slow: just open a sparkling new and fast one!!!

Solely for the occasional gaming I have a bootcamp partition with another XP installed - I know I'm spoiled!