PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Info for those (low-timers) seeking a job in Namibia
Old 7th Dec 2008, 14:27
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wild Dog / Crazy Kudu is a guided back packer Safari Tour operator, probably the cheapest way to check out the country if you don't want to self drive (it might break out even).

Scenic Air works closely with Group the Leading Lodges which is run by a belgian Family - so they get a lot of Belgian guests - might make a difference. Look up Leading Lodges on the internet.

They never answer emails - it means nothing. They get about 200 emails from wannabe pilots a week, of which only very few will actually come there. They have better things to do, than answering emails all day... I have never had responses from email - just going there in person, being honest, able to show a bit of confidence and selling yourself is the only thing that works.

I know everybody there because I worked there for 2 years, however I will never post names or give them out to anyone for obvious resons. You also do not need names, it will not make a difference. Just talk to people or go to the office and try and get an appointment. It is not that difficult.