PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the jobs gone?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2008, 12:20
JIM1984

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get over it!!

See this is what really pisses me off the bitter and twisted geeza's out there, who still believe that because they had it "tough" that therefore everyone else should follow suite with there ten milion hrs and three moon landings. Who gives a rats really you make your own luck in this game everyone knows that. The fact is aviation has changed over the past few years with the introduction of low cost carriers etc people can now fly for next to nothing and therefore the 5-10 year apprenticeship is just not needed any longer as demand for pilots went exponential. However I do agree with having sufficient stick time, bush time whatever you want to call it as it sets good foundations for maturity, life experience & future flying but as for stereotyping the Gen Ys before they have even step foot into the cockpit is just pathetic in my opinion, give them a chance as some may just turn out to be normal people without that chip on their shoulder. So to all the bitter geeza's out there either take it on the chin or retire early. Simple, just my two cents worth