PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the jobs gone?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2008, 11:28
neville_nobody

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts
I agree with everyone else on the forum that 440 hours is just out of school.

Can I just suggest that we don't go back to the GA I saw in the 90's and 2000's with the attitude like the one above of you've only got 400 hours that's nothing.... I flew a single for 2500 hours before flying a baron etc etc...

GA and flying in general should not be treated like it's a moonshot. It ain't that difficult overall and we should not be so focused on hours but on ability. I'm Gen X did the usual GA story and agree that Gen Y need a kick in the pants from time to time HOWEVER operators have had to start paying people properly, progression is throughout the industry and the whole hours dick measuring thing has gone out the window, if you're competent you're in. So lets take on some of the good things that have changed in Australia instead of trying to make GA the industry what it was 20 years ago where everyone just got screwed over.

Just to keep things in perspective in Europe with 440 hours this guy would be a FO on a jet so lets not start the whole thing of that isn't enough hours to wash my car BS.....please