PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the jobs gone?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2008, 09:34
TWOTBAGS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
J3 we appear to be on the same page of the same book, but your is in English and mine is in American……. In other words very close but different.

A mate of mine saw this thread and rang me up says, yeah bags I agree, but I have to tell you this….

We commented upon the “fantastic fo phenomena” and recanted something he witnessed a few weeks back quite by chance that a few of the fantastics were talking about their own performance and basically had their own coming to Jesus.

However later when among other crew, they reverted to all piss and vinegar mode with a liberal scattering of non smelling sh!t.

The conversation left me with mixed feelings that it was good to know that some of these fellas have the sense to know that age and experience is no match for BS and bravado and that they may have areas where they can improve. However it saddened me that there was so much of a face issue that these individuals are so keen for what they see as the prize that it clouds their thought process.

Thankfully I am just a line schwein so I have no hand in culling the herd, but is it a Gen Y thing, that humility and biding ones time are such a distasteful tonic.

Are some that egotistical….. if so it is scary. Most of them have their Breitling etc, while half of us have Citizens or Casio’s. Maybe there is something to the “Big Clock = Small Cock” that the hosties giggle about!

Not meaning to pull punches just hopefully giving and insight to how many of the younger generation are viewed by their coworkers.