PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2008, 00:31
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI is neither Low cost or full service.....what exactly is its position as a brand ? It can stay around another 5 years BUT what then ?
bmi is neither low cost or full service, I agree the ambiguity is not ideal. EI may not have a strong offering in the cabin, long haul has quite good and quite old in a small fleet but the replacement of the older A330s is covering that in the next few years. The BOB concept works for me and the green identity is actually known across the world quite contrary to what you say.I think on short haul, they can make a damn good go of it. Remember the breaking free from the legacy of state control and that thinking within a culture does not happen overnight. A lot of good progress has been made.

It faces the issue of try and compete where you don't have a strong enough brand nor has a good enough offering that will ensure long term survival.
I don't understand what you mean here. EI compete where the brand is well known, from Ireland to Europe and the US. The cabin service is friendlier than Ryanair and the staff are more likely to speak English. Across the atlantic, they are replacing the long haul fleet with new aircraft, so the offering will improve substantially.

racedo, I ask again only out of personal interest. Do you work within the industry or for Ryanair?