PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 21:48
nikike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck Sonja!

Ahoj Soni,

congratulations!

I passed the Prague's assessment in July 2007, joined in October and like you, I also didn't want to listen to any rumours about Gulf Air and wanted to have my own experience. That time, they hired 3 as well and 2 of us are already back home.
I resigned this year in September and am happy to breath again.

There're some very nice people you're gonna meet but there's many of those who're going to make you feel miserable (I'm talking about other crew). Their aircraft is old with lots of technical issues so you're gonna experience some situations when not feeling safe at all.
And the funny smell is everywhere. Be prepared that most of Gulf Air passengers are illiterate labours from Asia who not only take shower but they also still haven't learned how to use toilet, flush etc....That was the biggest shock for me. The aircraft smells like urin when you board it very often. Be prepared for something disgusting experience.
I had traveled a lot even before I joined Gulf Air so I thought I would not experience a major cultural shock but I was wrong.

However, you have to make your own picture right now. There are about 10-15 czechoslovakians working there and all of them are great.
I'm sure you'll find eachothers because Gulf Air is just a huge gossip playground.

Your life will definitely become easy and comfortable. You're gonna love it if you are kind of a lazy person who only likes to party and don't want to be responsible. If you have some hobbies and love nature you're gonna cry. Bahrain is just a boring sandpit where people don't do much but eating, shopping and partying.

Good luck again!
n.