PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pegasus Airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 21:22
DC-8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been flying in Pegasus for more than one year as well, and I must agree with JamesIST that it's a nice airline to work for.

It has its own maintenance department, which from my point of view is every good and above many other EU airlines standars. Captains are in general very experienced, it is not unusual to fly with guys with more than 10000 or 15000 hours... and 90% of them are coming from the Airforce. Fleet is growing progessively with the incorporation of brand new 738's. They are aiming to be the 2nd biggest airline in Turkey after Turkish Airlines in a few years. Pegasus is also an IATA member, and has the IOSA certification, wich means they meet all minimum safety requirements stablished by IATA. Salary is also very good. An F/O may make more than 3500 euros easily, which is more than what you take in many other EU airlines, and cost of living in Turkey is cheaper than in Europe.

Why is this product of 'line training ' that Pegasus sells not offered in most countries in Europe for example,this has no relation to politics?Or do you think only Pegasus had this clever idea?
Well, I disagree with that. Line training programs are offered almost in every European countries... Spain, UK, Italy... so Pegasus is not the only one.