PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's In Flight Announcements
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 21:07
Min Stack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot's In Flight Announcements

Do any of you guys up front ever get any feedback from the cabin staff that your in-flight announcements are quite often unintelligible to us pax at the back and that your carefully constructed announcement giving us information on the flight has been a complete waste of time? Is the PA system ever checked at all or are you speaking too close to the microphone?

Most of my recent flights have been with a well known budget airline out of Prestwick and I'd say that at least half of the announcements are a waste of time because we can't understand them. That also goes for the cabin announcements, which are often made by staff with foreign accents and I often wonder what would happen in the event of an emergency - would we all be able to understand what is being said when everyone's panicking. It's also why nobody buys any on board merchandise because we don't understand what it is you're trying to sell us.

As for flight deck announcements - can you at least slow down the delivery sometimes because that would help in some cases - just trying to be helpful because I'm interested in what you're trying to tell me.