PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIRGIN BLUE !!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2002, 05:36
cabin secure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Wirraway
Those of us at Ansett that hung on until the 4th of March, cleaned and tidied the aircraft cabin. This was part of the cost cutting introduced by the Administration.
As a Cabin Manager I was perfectly happy to do this and might add that prior to Ansetts collapse I regularly cleaned the front toilet often several times on Perth sectors, as did some of my colleagues.
I have several friends that have gone across to DJ and none of them has ever said it is the cleaning they have a problem with.
I have attended one Virgin information session and was invited back for a 2nd interview. I admit I was shocked. I'm 35 and with all the rumours I had heard re discrimination on the basis of age I never expected this. However I have not heard re a 3rd interview.
I have to say I have no understanding of what Virgin flair is. All I know is I have given 16 years of my life to taking care of people and loving every minute of it. I've sat and held people whilst they have wept on their way to a funeral,
I've taken screaming babies from stressed frustrated mothers and brought them back asleep.
I've gotten to know my regular businessmen so I automatically know what drinks to pour them after takeoff.

I've comforted kids off to separated parents and wept with them. It has never ceased to amaze me how kindness can be so personally rewarding.
Disgustingly sentimental I know. My job has always, prior to the birth of my son, been my greatest love and true passion.
I hope this gives some people an understanding of why flying means so much to some of us that have had our great love taken from us and why we are so desperate to be a part of it again.