PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I have a job?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 17:10
Golf_Seirra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Humm...P2 ?

Can't say I agree with the concept that P2 time is just idle waste...

Most companies have changed their P2 setup now to include for a full P1 rating on 1900/200's, even if you only sit right all the time and wait for your company command upgrade.

That aside, flying leg for leg and being part of a "two crew" environment in the right company with good two crew SOP's, is worth it's weight in gold.

Considering most P2's do the planning etc...it's the P1's who get rusty and pull "handle". Your leg, your brief, your actions...

There is a big perception change in the industry towards contract pilots ( P2 specifically ) and I have personally been on interviews with local SA carriers where they have commented on my "contract" experience.

My opinion is the sooner you get real experience, the quicker you learn the ropes.....

P2 time on machines bigger than 12,500kg are definitely worth the time, especially if they have glass and FMS.....the holy grail of command time is changing.

Instruction at the current pay rate......not for me. I'm not going to get bent over without no butt lube....