PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 17:03
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Now now John, we’ve discussed this before and I’ve said I draw the line at naming people who aren’t public figures. You accepted this gracefully. If MoD wants to withdraw the content of personal letters to me, then I’ll gladly post stating the policy/rulings I refer to have been rescinded. As it stands, they continue to happily support these rulings, in writing, through Ministers (AF), past and present. In doing so, they are continually at odds with various audit reports and committees which take an opposite view. I happen to support the latter. I know others disagree.

MoD euphemistically calls this a difference of opinion. One side, supported by the mandated regulations, says airworthiness should be maintained; the other says it’s ok not to. I concede the latter have been very consistent, so perhaps I’m wrong. To anyone, on any aircraft, not just Chinook, that is a very dangerous subject to have a 20 year difference of opinion about. Perhaps Mr Haddon-Cave’s review will recommend changes.