PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA Fees Consultation
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 09:57
VeeAny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke to Glenn from Elite this morning and he is happy for me to post his two letters which he has circulated around the industry on here. I've converted them from Word to Pdf but other than that they are unchanged.

It seems that industry organisations like the BHAB may only count as one voice (or so Glenn thinks) and he is encouraging everyone to go the CAA site and make comments as detailed above.

The first one from October is here.

The second one from yesterday is here here.

The intention is not to have a dig at the FOIs who as several have said on here before are a generally very decent bunch of chaps, but try and get the CAA to realise that if they strangle the industry financially they won't have anything left to regulate soon apart from some emergency services operators and a few super AOCs.

I doubt very much everyone will give up, but it hardly encourages the operators to play fair, how many will end up with foreign AOCs ?

How many will end up entering into lease operations, which will probably be legal but could (not will, but could) employ any unregulated idiot with a licence to do the flying, in perhaps non EASA machines which in turn will be cheaper to operate and maintain.

Its important and as Glenn alludes to if we do nothing we can hardly complain about it can we ?

Last edited by VeeAny; 6th Dec 2008 at 10:10. Reason: Spelling, Links and general incompetence on my part.