PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 09:01
IB4138

Pilot of the Airwaves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the unfortunate experience to enter the UK via T1 last Monday.

Aircraft parked on gate 10, so,long walk to terminal. Up escalators not working and poor signage. After exiting baggage reclaim, entered an area of total chaos. Workmen allover the place, dust, dirt and noise and tried to find "Car Hire"....not a sign visible. Enquired at information desk to be told that all car hire desks have been relocated to 13th floor of car park and told "the lifts are over there" and directed to lifts "to even floors".

Asking again, as to where lifts to 13th floor were, was directed round a corner, through doors and to branch right to three lifts. The middle lift had a large "Out of Order sign" affixed to one door....but that was the only one of the three working!

Arrived on 13th floor to find that car hire is now in a wooden building, which the staff say is permanent and not very warm. 13th floor is the roof of the car park and open to the weather, with cars parked in the open. After picking the car up, locating the exit from the 13th floor was badly signed and involved driving through a chicane.

Yesterday, on my return journey,despite the new security experience, which is a vast improvement, after exiting that area, the lack of signs is clearly evident again and the journey through duty free to get to the restaurants and gates with minimal signs, was infuriating.

I have grave doubts as to whether the finished article will be any better.

The place is a bomb site with totally inadequate signage, which I will avoid as far as possible in the future.

I shall be using airlines based at T3 for my next flights.