PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 02:40
Phil Kemp

Location: Sussex, New Brunswick. Formerly Bowen Island B.C. Canada - one of the greatest places to live on Earth...
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
The picture of TX is definitely taken on the Redhill ramp, I spent a long time looking at that view . The cheat sheet notes on the picture provide the following data:

Manufacturer: Sikorsky Type: S-58Version: Registration: G-BCTX Sector: Commercial - Current Colours: Bristow Helicopters Country: United Kingdom Location: Redhill Photo by: Carl FordDate: 1977-06-04

I remember packing up the last of the 58's with Graeme back in 1980 or 81 when they headed out to South Africa. I got a lot of great experience on the S58T, and worked some very talented people on that programme. If I am lucky and get a scanner for Christmas, I have thousands of shots of all this stuff that I can stick on here. Back in the early 90's the company I worked for bought a 58T, it was the biggest bag of crap I have ever operate - I was very happy to see it fly away. Still quite a number of them around in the US, and old round motors as well. Come to that, theres a lot of 55's still out there.

Give us a call sometime Graeme, I'm on Skype if I'm awake. I saw Al at Helitech last year, and others with secret identities on here that I am not at liberty to disclose!

I was very sorry to read about Bob Innes if that information is correct. Bob was a very positive influence on a lot of people who are in this business today. He always had time to stop and BS, and always caught up on the news of everyone he had ever worked with or known. A good man.