PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does MPL threaten operational safety?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2008, 21:55
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash&Thump;

Certainly one key factor is the selection process. That is where flight safety begins as does industrial peace, I might add. If I might offer a nuance to the overall discussion without appearing or intending the impression of being a big-jet-jockey-self-important-elitist , (truly laughing, here), I think the environment you're describing is ideal for MPL candidates and agree with you that low-time by itself is not a high-risk factor when other qualities such as intelligence, (native ability though that is not needed in great quantities), and a balanced ego which exhibits a keeness bordering on an unbridled passion for learning are present to some degree.

In short, immediate exposure to, and responsibility for heavy, long-haul operations in which demanding duty-days and regularly irregular ops are "standard", wouldn't be the ideal environment - I hope you take this the way it is intended!

I'm sure we both know that with such candidates, a short MPL introduction followed by a substantive line indoctrination program with a robust checking process can be successful.