PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC at European Aviation Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2008, 14:30
brownbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MCC at European Aviation Bournemouth

Have literally (about a few hours ago) completed a MCC at European in Bournemouth. A lot of friends had told me that the MCC was just a 'tick in the box' and that you didn't pass or fail or it didn't matter about where and how you did it.

I feel that at my age I've been round the block but this was a real eyeopener (for me as an apprentice in this business) into real jet airliner ops.

The sim sessions were excellent as were the instructors. I thought I knew how to fly until I jumped into the very nicely kept 737-200 sim and then brain farted my way from t/o sid star and all the rest.

The quality and demeanour of the instructors was superlative as was the level of engineering support when we managed to 'confuse' the machine on occasion.

After this experience I'm glad I made the decision to go European (I'm from N. Ireland) because I do believe that due to the course content you'll definitely not be shocked if you get called for sim check. This course not only prepares you for working in the multi pilot environment but prepares you for what you may expect in any future job assessment.

In my humble opinion don't even consider a sim check without having a go at this - you'll be well prepared.

Can't recommend these guys and girls at European highly enough - I don't think any self respecting pilot would turn their nose up at this outfit - professionals are they!