PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's wrong about having a CPL/ME/IR
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2008, 13:03
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MVE I was actually to radical in saying that bad habits were not a factor. Of course bad habits are a factor but at 200 hours they will be cured fairly easily with discipline and the right environment (either through training or work in a good standards operation which is training in a way).
It will be easier to cure a 200 hours guy when compared to a guy who has accumulated 2000 of bad habits (and by 2000 hours of it, I call it poor standards).
So people, keep your standards high the best you can but just to reiterate, a 200 hours guy is not lost cause. He is trainable easily given the right environment and a will on his/her behalf to achieve something good.
Generally speaking companies like to see there is potential in a guy. Not that they are god's gift but that they are showing signs of progression during say, a sim ride, a willigness to listen and learn from either experience (mistakes mostly) or feedback given.
That tends to please the recruiters...

But if you are crap, passing selections and sim rides will be tough so bear it mind.

Apologies for being slighlty misleading in my original post... Not on the "don't give up" part though.