PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2008, 11:45
Paradism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HZ123

What an odd post! I cannot work out whether you are a NIMBY or just uninformed, but at the very least I considered that a response should contain more substance than comment.

a. You say “Who wants to go to JER anyway? “

Well, Jersey tourism figures for 2005 said that 750,000 voted with their feet and went there. Also, in 2007 1,546,000 passengers used Jersey airport.

b. You then said “From what I have seen @ LHR. LGW and MAN there is not freight at those airports…” I presume that when you say “MAN” you are referring to Manchester.

You had better let LHR, LGW and MAN know that because their CAA freight figures must be in error. For 2007:

LHR 1,310,987 tonnes
LGW 171,078 tonnes
MAN 165,366 tonnes

Note: Just for clarification, the CAA freight figure for MSE in 2007 was 28,371 tonnes.

There are a couple of minor comments I would make though, if Stobart do take over STN, I would be as surprised as anyone if they did not actively pursue PAX traffic.

Lastly, forgive my ignorance here, but would an airline not prefer to have every seat filled with a 60+ adult rather than a child? Would they not make more money that way? I am assuming that at a certain age bracket the seat price is less for a child.